We do not currently have any vacancies.
Secretarial and Administration
We are seeking a full time, experienced family secretary for our busy family department at our Stockport office.
The successful applicant’s duties will include;
• To provide secretarial and administrative support to fee earners in the family department, to include managing and maintaining files from opening to archiving.
• Handling telephone enquiries, making appointments and taking messages
• Producing letters and legal documents, including court forms and statements
• Audio typing
• Copying, scanning and faxing, including preparation of large court bundles filing and other general administration work.
• Occasional reception cover
• Strong typing skills
• Some family secretarial experience, together with knowledge of family law terminology, is preferable
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
• A good standard of education and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines
• The ability to work on one’s own initiative
• The successful applicant will be required to work as part of a team
Please apply by CV and covering letter to Sarah Penman, 43-51 Wellington Road South, Stockport SK1 3RX
No agencies please.
We have a history of recruiting our trainees from our existing staff however please check this site for updates. We do not currently have any vacancies.
We understand the value of work experience to your career and aim to provide you with an overview of working life in a Solicitors practice. If you are interested in undertaking a placement with us please send us your C.V. with a covering letter addressed to:
Alfred Newton Solicitors
43/51 Wellington Road South