Here at Alfred Newton Solicitors we were delighted to see that crime has fallen in the Stockport borough for eight consecutive years (according to the Safer Stockport Partnership).
Stockport’s eight year reduction in crime means it is currently safer than the Devon seaside area of Torbay.
In Stockport between 2007-2012:
- There were 12,087 fewer victims of crimes (a fall of 40%);
- Serious violence has reduced by 48%;
- Burglary has reduced by 962 victims or 41%;
- Anti-social behaviour nearly halved in the last two years;
In 2011-12 compared to 2010-11:
- There were 913 fewer victims of all crimes (a fall of 5%);
- Anti-social behaviour was reduced by 21% or 3,196 crimes;
- Acquisitive crime was reduced by 9.8% or 371 crimes;
- Burglary was reduced by 16% or 260 crimes;